Monday, January 18, 2010

Mark Morrison vs. Nipsey Hustle & Iyaz

A few days ago Nipsey Hussle and Iyaz released a remix to Mark Morrison's '96 banger "Return of the Mack".  Nipsey and Iyaz proceed to change the chorus to 


"Return of the swag (hussle)
Return of the swag (hussle)
Return of the swag (hussle)
cos you know we bring back
here I am (hussle hussle)"

Now in my opinion a dude like Nipsey can't just jump on a classic like this and expect to resurrect this track.  I foresee a similar result as Young Jibbs recreating "Do You're Ears Hang Low" --> "Do Your Chain Hang Low", but only the future will tell.  I give him respect for trying, but in my mind it would kill any potential "mack" one might be throwing down if this joint came on at a party.  Granted, the beat remains and this song will always remain a classic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment